Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Creative Challenge: Day One

Earlier this summer I co-hosted a bridal shower for one of my best friends, Stephanie. Not your average cake and punch shower, but a wine and dine themed affair. Stephanie's love of wine and learning to cook was the inspiration for the party. It was the perfect opportunity to celebrate the bride-to-be while stocking her wine fridge and kitchen cupboards.  

One of the details I worked on were the party favors. I wanted to stick with the wine and dine theme and also try to incorporate her wedding colors (fuchsia and lime green) while keeping it classy. Here's what I came up with...
I am beyond happy with how they turned out! 

Here's how they came together:  
- Cocktail napkins came from the always adorable The Watermark in Lowry. There were a few different styles of the napkins, but all related to wine, girls night out and amazingly were within her same color scheme. 
- Heart shaped wine stoppers were ordered online and removed them from their cheesy display box. To keep them upright, we lightly taped them to the cocktail napkins and placed the pair in a clear cellophane bag.
- For the 'thank you' tags, I used this stamp on lime green paper. To add a little more pizazz to the tag, I stamped it with versamark and used clear empossing powder. Thin black ribbon tied the package and tag all together! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A. DOR. A. BLE.

undagiu.