Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stephanie & Mark's Wedding

Stephanie and I met about five years ago at work. We quickly became friends outside of work and had many adventures planning parties, helping with friends’ weddings, running races, ski trips, concerts, volunteering and camping trips. We also share a passion of organizing things - just for fun, watching the Today show, bad reality tv shows and laughing at each others good and bad jokes!

Fast forward to the 2010, Stephanie met the man of her dreams (via match.com): athletic, an early riser, traveled the world, is good at planning, likes to ski, has a great job that he loves. Before too long they were engaged and planning a summer wedding. 

While I was home for the holidays, Stephanie asked me to be her maid of honor. As her only attendant it was a huge honor. Regardless of my official role in the wedding, as soon as they were engaged I started helping them plan the big day. Throughout the whole process, it was fun to see Stephanie and Mark collaborate in the planning. The day truly reflected the two of them and was such a fun party.


The Sikora's ~ July 9
Venue: Boettcher Mansion
Golden, CO
The couple: Stephanie & Mark
Colors: Fuchsia, lime green and black
Themes: Damask, Classy, Outdoor Wedding
Highlights:
This is my favorite photo of the couple - gorgeous! 
Who doesn't go for a mountain bike ride after they get hitched?
We bought our dresses separately but ended up having the same neckline and ruching so we were well coordinated!
This is one of my favorite moments from their special day. Right before they walked down the aisle, the Father of the Bride pulled out his camera and took a self portrait! I love that the photographer captured it too.
Stephanie and I wore the same shoes. It was so fun to be coordinated with her! I'm a huge fan of brides wearing bright colored shoes. I think it's such a nice pop of color, as you can see here.
The guys had coordinating socks too!
Stephanie and I made all of the candle holders and centerpiece vases the month before the wedding. The day before the wedding I arranged the centerpieces (dahlias), which were ordered from an online wholesale florist.
One of their 'splurge' items for the reception was a photo booth. It was so.much.fun. Pictured here are my brother and mom modeling some of the photo booth props.
A tribute to their love of skiing and a fun addition to the party were the ski shots. These were made by the Father of the Bride. Seen here with the sister of the groom - great photo!
Wedding party does the ski shot
Stephanie surprised Mark with a cake highlighting all the places he's traveled across the globe. Cake was made by the fabulous Miss Kaci!


It truly was an honor to be part of your special day, Stephanie & Mark! 
Thank you for letting me share the details here.

No comments: