Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Inspiration from the Bride of Frankenstein

Based on the title of this post you're probably thinking: where is this going? Good question. As I've mentioned a few times, I've been doing a lot of Halloween costume brainstorming. I also love inspiration boards and wanted to start making more of my own. In the spirit of Halloween and bringing back Wedding Wednesdays...here is my first inspiration board. 

My first thought was, how fun would it be, as newly weds, to dress up as the Bride of Frankenstein (BOF) and Frankenstein. If you don't plan to save your dress for years to come, this would be a fun time to re-wear it. A dress could also be found at a thrift shop or easily constructed with white material and a sewing machine. Unless you have jet black hair and are handy with the blow-dryer and aqua net, I'd recommend splurging for a $13 BOF wig

Frankenstein's costume could be constructed very easily as well. Black pants, long sleeve black shirt and an over-sized dark gray suit jacket (hello, thrift store!). For added bulky monster affect, add shoulder pads to the inside of the jacket. A little green face paint and monster accessories and ta-da: Frankenstein! 

As I started looking around at pictures, my creativity grew. Why stop at costumes when you could have a whole Frankenstein inspired monster bash? The party could be a Halloween party, or as seen in the lower left corner, an engagement party! Whether your party is along the lines of mad scientists laboratory or haunted mansion, you could incorporate wedding elements to the theme. After all, you are dressed as a monster bride and groom! 

No matter what kind of party you throw, there are tons of ideas and resources for hosting your own monster bash. I recommend starting your search here, here and/or here

1 comment:

Debbie Mendes Cotton said...

Your first inspiration board! I'm so proud. *tear*