Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Card Garland

Since we're not getting a Christmas tree this year, I've been working on a few things to make our apartment still feel festive. One of the easiest ways to decorate is using holiday cards. While we've only received 2 so far, I still wanted to get something put up for when the cards start to really roll in (kidding!).

I saw this simple card garland and LOVED it! Sadly, we don't have a mantel, but we do have plenty of wall space. 
{apartment therapy}

I also saw this cute cloths line garland and thought of my decorative cloths pins
{Real Simple}

With inspiration from the photos above, help from Debbie and her Cricut and supplies I had at home, I made this lovely holiday card garland! It's hanging on the wall of our entry way/landing so we can see the cards often!


Using letters Debbie cut for me, I strung them on a piece of cherry twine + hemp cord. I made a second longer piece of cord for the actual cards. I used my favorites of the decorative cloths pins to clip cards on the line.


What you can't see in the pictures above is an important, and cute, detail. I tied the card line off with a bow. This is so I can make the line longer should we need more room for cards. As you can see, both lines are taped to the wall. 


I will share a few more holiday decorations later this week. Hope your holidays are shaping up festively as well!


P.S. I apologize for the horrible photo color quality. The garland is hung in a dark area so I had to use ugly overhead light. It's cuter in natural light, so that just means you all should come see it in person :) 

1 comment:

Kristin Appenbrink said...

Michelle, I love how your holiday card garland turned out. So clever to put "Happy Holidays" above the actual cards.