Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Greeting Card Round-Up

Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I love making cards! With so many wonderful patterns, shades and textures of paper, not to mention ribbon, stickers and other accessories the possibilities for crafting the perfect card are ENDLESS.

That being said, it might come as a surprise that I also really love purchasing cards. I have a soft spot in my heart (and wallet) for letter pressed, pretty paper and clever/humorous or heartfelt cards. I never miss a chance to peruse the card section at gift shops or even the drug store. I can totally appreciate the time, energy and talent that goes into making them. Plus, my cards are crafty and not necessarily humorous. Often life calls for a humorous card, so I am thankful for so many talented card makers out there!

In honor of my two of my favorite ladies birthday today, Layna & Janelle, I thought it would be fun to do a round up of some of my favorite sources for cards.

First up is Curly Girl Designs! I was introduced to these cards by my curly haired pal, Jess. Over the years I've received a few of the cards (from Jess) that I've held onto because I love the message and artistic collage style so much. This birthday one is so cute...

{Curly Girl Designs}

Next up, Snow and Graham. *sigh* lots of letter press cards and beautiful paper, which I just can't resist. They sell many of their products at Paper Source. This card is not necessarily just for birthdays, its for anyone who rules!

{Snow and Graham}


Next up, Papyrus! Their stores have long been a favorite of mine with lots of pretty cards and wrapping paper. They have gorgeous line of handmade cards, which I'm sure you've seen on sale at Target too (love that!)! I just had to share this one because I'm pretty sure that's Pippin (Layna's cat)...

{Papyrus}

Oh Paper Source, how I love thee. In addition to all their lovely paper products and materials for crafting, they carry tons of great greeting cards. This one especially made me laugh...

{Paper Source}

Last but certainly not least, Seltzer Goods. This company is new to me, but I've already purchased several of their cards because they are so funny. Spoiler alert: This one is particularly perfect for Jnelly and I bought it several weeks before her birthday! We worked at DQ together for several years, so I HAD to buy it...
{Seltzer Goods}

If you send cards, do you have a favorite place to buy cards? Or do you prefer to make them?


This post is part of my September Creative Challenge. Follow along as Inspired Honey Bee and I do something creative Monday - Friday all this month!

1 comment:

Jnelly said...

awe sooo fun!!!! Thanks for thinking of me =)