Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wedding Inspiration

From my haphazard, undocumented research I've come to the conclusion the two most common questions asked when you get in engaged are: when's the big day? and what are your wedding colors? Thankfully, at least with regard to the color question, I had a pretty good idea of what I really liked: plum purple, green and gray. Thankfully B agreed (or did not protest too loudly).


If you are talking in Paper Source colors - that's beet, clover and gravel to you. And if you are talking about our beloved rain jackets - its grapes and gray, like the foggy bay area skies.



With colors and a venue selected, on to the real fun: details! It is no secret that I love details, specifically wedding and party details. It has been so fun looking for inspiration on blogs, magazines and pinterest. However, all that loveliness also makes it really hard to narrow down all the ideas. So believe me when I say it was a true creative challenge to put together an inspiration board.

{click to enlarge}
What I hoped to capture and continue to be inspired by for our big day:
- love and laughter
- a celebration of our journey
- the friends and family who've surround and support us
- handmade details
- rustic: Colorado chic, wood details that compliment the Inn/gardens
- eco-chic: environmentally friendly, local food,  ect
- beautiful flowers mixed with succulents, eucalyptus, kale



While this doesn't encompass all aspects of our wedding day, it feels like a really great start! I, of course, also reserve the right to change my mind but hope to stick to these inspirations.






Inspiration from: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10


 This post is part of my September Creative Challenge. Thanks for following along as Inspired Honey Bee and I do something creative Monday - Friday all this month. Final week!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the paper source terms ;) very chic!

Lindsey Feeley said...

So fun! I can't wait to see how all your details come together. I was surprised by how many people asked about our colors. I didn't finalize them for a long time, so I started replying "Blush and Bashfull." Only some got the Steel Magnolia's reference, but it made me laugh!

Debbie Mendes Cotton said...

Love love!!!