Over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend we drove 1,032 miles round trip. Not quite the over the river and through the woods kind of holiday for us. Although we spent quite a bit of time in the car, we had a fabulous trip! We saw a lot of places, spent quality time with family and friends and ate (too much!) good food.
Here are a few of the highlights along the way:
- We met the Kruegers for dinner in Glendale (off Colorado St. coincidence? i think not!). Even if it's only an hour and a half, it's always a treat to see C&T!
- Spent Thanksgiving in Surf City USA (aka Huntington Beach, CA)
We watched football, ate delicious food (garlic mashed potatoes and apple pie were my favs), walked off our dinner on the beach, watched Elf and the Taylor Swift special. An all around GREAT Thanksgiving!
|Buddy is thankful for the dog beach, |
stylish jackets and his tennis ball.
- We spent our Black Friday eating lunch at the Crab Cooker, walking along Newport Beach and the Pier and driving down the coast to Crystal Cove and Laguna Beach. My aunt told us a story about one of the Real Housewives of OC and then we literally walked right by her in Laguna, OMG!
|Welcome to the Crab Cooker - an Evans family favorite|
|Sunset in Laguna Beach|
Pretty wreaths on the life guard station (complete with sea shells, of course)
|Greetings from Laguna Beach!|
- On Saturday we headed to Santa Monica to meet B's college friend to watch the Iowa game. Lucky for me, the bar was on the SM Promenade so I window shopped while the guys watched football.
- In the evening we headed to Chino Hills to visit B's childhood friend who is currently in med school. I got to eat my favorite salad (and several rolls!) at Wood Ranch. Low key night, but so nice to finally meet a friend I've heard so much about.
- We woke up Sunday morning to SNOW on the mountains. Rain from the the night before made for a beautiful clear day for our drive. The LA area is gorgeous sans smog!
|Gorgeous! Lisa Kay, do you recognize this view? :)|
- As we started our journey back to NorCal, we drove down Hollywood Blvd and saw the stars on the sidewalk and the Kodak Theater, something I've wanted to see forever. We also made a stop in Calabasas for brunch with the Wiedners. It was so nice to see Ris + baby bump and Eric too. It had been far too long since we'd seen them last. It seems every time I meet up with Ris in the LA area we see a celebrity (Eric says she has celebrity recognition in her DNA, probably true). Sure enough we saw Leann Rimes!
- Our last stops on the way home were Santa Barbara and Paso Robles where we had a snack and sampled the beer at the Firestone Walker Brewery! One of B's favorite, so I'm glad we finely made it there.
Now it's back to reality, which includes work and lots of holiday crafting!