Thursday, August 27, 2009

a mention in The Green Bride Guide

This May, among a whirlwind of friend's weddings, I was hired to help plan a wedding. I was fortunately referred to the couple - Becca and Greg - by a coworker whose wedding I helped with last summer. From start to finish it was a delight to work with Becca, Greg and their families. Although I was working, I can honestly say it was one of the best weddings I've ever attended. Classy, casual and a perfect reflection of their love for each other and the people who surrounded them. One of their big priorities was to have a green (eco friendly) event. Since they had very green lifestyle to begin with it wasn't hard to carry out their vision.

This week I found out their wedding is being featured on The Green Bride Guide. It was great to see the wedding pictures, read their story again and I was so touched to be mentioned as their wedding planner (and floral designer!). It was a honor to work with them and even more so to be acknowledged in the story. View The Green Bride Guide story and pictures
here.

A few side notes...
Image 4: who is that in the background?
Image 5: as mentioned in the story, the flowers were purchased from a local farm. The flowers were GORGEOUS. If you ever need flowers for an event, consider ordering flowers from a local farm. Save money, support a local business and recieve flowers that were cut the same day.
Image 10: What you can't see in this photo is the handsome bartender/my personal assistant for the day, Brian. He was such a huge help and I had a lot of fun working with him.

4 comments:

The Green Bride Guide said...

Thank you for contributing to The Green Bride Guide's real green wedding section. What an amazing event! If you intend to plan other green weddings, you should add yourself to the new, free, green wedding directory: www.thegreenbrideguide.com/directory

Michelle said...

Thank you very much! I would love to be part of your directory. I appreciate the suggestion.

Lisakay said...

Michelle, that is awesome!!! The event looks amazing. Congrats

Unknown said...

wait wait wait- it wasn't a wedding where everything was the COLOR green? i feel so misled.