Every year the Princeton Review does a poll of the nations Top Party Schools. The 2009 results are in and University of Colorado, Boulder has, not surprisingly, made the list. It brought a smile to my face to see that we were on the list and just above the University of Iowa where Brian attended (not that I'm competitive).
I must be getting old, because I was most proud that we weren't the #1 school. At one point while I was at CU we were ranked #1. I remember at the time it seemed like such a big deal. Now that I am old and oh-so-wise, I think CU has so much more to be proud of than our ability to party. Such as our renowned academics, beautiful campus and school spirit. I know polls like these are exciting when you're a student and also appeal to incoming students. So cheers to you partiers. Please have a drink for me at the Sink but do us all a favor and also do your homework!
1. Penn State University, State College, Pa.
2. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
4. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
5. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
7. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
8. University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wis.
9. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
10. University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
11. University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo.
12. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
13. Union College, Schenectady, N.Y.
14. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
15. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
16. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
17. Sewanee: The University of the South, Sewanee, Tenn.
18. University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, N.D.
19. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
20. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.